Friday, July 13, 2012

Ta-Da! Upper and Lower Cabinet Mouldings Completed

I really like the casing moulding I used on the upper cabinets. They really turned out nicely. I feel the moulding nicely imitates the cabinet door design. It just looks so much classier to have the end panels finished in moulding. I'm so glad I took so much time to do this. Well worth it. And cheap to do, as well.

Well, I did 3 coats of the Rustoleum Cabinet Transformations on the moulding. Here's how that looked:


You can tell that it didn't cover it well. Had to do a fourth  coat. Here's the final result:


 Much better.

Even after doing four coats of paint on the trim, I still only used about 1/4 of a quart of the Rustoleum paint. Here's a pic:


 Next up: put a coat of polyurethane (topcoat) on the trim. You have to wait at least 8 hours after doing the final coat of paint (or bond coat, as it's called) before you can put on the polyurethane.

No comments:

Post a Comment