Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Paint Colors in Our Home

When I was trying to choose paint colors for our home, I had a heck of a time finding pictures on the internet to help me decide. I am adding these (both from our previous home and our current one) to assist people who are interested in using any of these colors. All of the paint used is Benjamin Moore. I used the Aura Matte finish throughout our whole home, and I have a love/hate relationship with it. It dries quickly (like, super quickly!), and if you go over it after it's dried, it will clump up. I wanted a thick paint that would cover the crappy builder's paint we had that made the walls as dry as dust. Even with the thick Aura paint, I had to go over the wall a second time (usually) to get the paint to cover well.


Pismo Dunes above chair rail and in boxes below chair rail, Manchester Tan in boxes




Jackson Tan below



Manchester Tan below (has a green undertone) very similar to Benjamin Moore Crisp Khaki



Ashley Gray below


Paris Rain below


Ashley Gray below (Smokey Taupe is in palm tree on right):


Smokey Taupe below (has a pinky undertone)


Crisp Khaki below (has a definite green undertone)


Litchfield Gray below (has a pinky-purply undertone)


Sandlot Gray below (obviously a purply-gray shade)


Wheeling Neutral below


Somerville Red below chair rail and Georgetown Pink Beige above chair rail


Revere Pewter below


Bradstreet Beige below


Crisp Khaki below


Alexandria Beige on fireplace accent wall, Manchester Tan on either side of it


No comments:

Post a Comment