Friday, May 17, 2013

Front Door Frame Project

Here is the before of our front door (please excuse the cat hiding behind the Christmas tree, her favorite spot for some unknown reason):



I love our double-glass front door. Since it makes such a statement, I wanted the interior of the door frame to have bulkier moulding, like this Victorian door frame from this blog: http://vicariouslyvictorian.blogspot.com/2010_04_01_archive.html.






So I asked my husband to help me to recreate this look. We bought a 1" x 4" piece of wood, as well as a piece of crown moulding to go on top of it.

Door moulding in progress:


Finished door:






Along with the finished crown moulding on the ceiling, I think this door moulding is the extra oomph our front door needed. I am very pleased with the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment