Friday, May 17, 2013

Lamp Shades Made of Paper

I love the bathroom light fixture I bought for our master bathroom, this one:






Unfortunately, the blue doesn't match the rest of the bathroom. I wanted to replace the shades, but at $20 each x 4 shades = $80, this sounded exhorbitant. So I googled shades made of paper, thinking I could do something cheaper. I came across this brilliant blog post: http://inmyownstyle.com/2011/11/diy-chandelier-shade-covers.html. Here is an example of shades she made from scrap paper:




Brilliant! I love the ingenuity of my fellow bloggers. Instead of scrap paper, I used contact paper purchased from the good ol' Dollar General store for $2.97 to make my shades. I skipped the poster board step since I don't plan to change out the shades. Then I proceeded to follow the instructions in her blog. I just stuck the contact paper onto the shades with double-stick tape. I didn't want to mess with sticking the contact paper directly on the shades.







It turned out pretty darn good, if I do say so myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment